Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Floor: Done. Sink: Installed. Dishwasher: Installed

Family: Happy!

Seriously, we're thrilled to be in the final days of the kitchen remodel. I'm calling it a remodel since we've changed so much, more than I had originally planned. Cost so far is still less than $3000, including appliances, so again, we're happy.

Still on the to-do list though (and some will up the final cost) are: kitchen faucet, install range hood and range (gas line is ready!), paint cabinet doors (still debating the final colour choice), clean hinges & knobs, shelf paper, triangle shaped shelf unit for behind the sink, new cupboard organizers (the old ones are stained and dingy).

We're debating adding one of those hot water on demand taps for the sink, since we have space for it. It would eliminate one of our countertop appliances, and would be convenient for cooking too. Still, it adds about $400 to the cost, and may not be worth it. Also, we could add one later, since we already have the 4-hole drilled sink.



Here's a reminder of what the floor used to look like. Isn't the transformation amazing?




2 comments:

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

Thanks for coming by my blog. I see you have 2 that I have to start reading now!

Sharon said...

This is amazing. The floor looks great and I absolutely LOVE the color on the walls! I can't wait to see the end product! The cost is absolutely amazing too! You are my hero! :)