Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Bargain Summer Camp...

if you don't mind a little bit of Jesus with your paper mache! This week, the kids are enjoying Vacation Bible School, essentially summer camp (crafts, outdoor activities, sing-a-longs and snacks) with a Christian twist. Many churches have them, some require you to volunteer at the camp, some only request a donation. I paid $7.50 per child for a week, 9-noon, of fun activities. I'm volunteering daily because of my younger one's age, but it is fun to help out. Today, I got covered in Elmer's glue.

1 comment:

Grace. said...

LOL! While my family was Episcopal, my mother was ecumenical when it came to Vacation Bible School. My sister and I attended our own VBS, and then we went to the Baptist, Foursquare Gospel, Presbyterian and Methodist VBS's. For the record, the Baptists had the best music but the Presbyterians had the finest crafts. The religious part seems to have flown over our pointy heads!